Here are a few projects we’ve been working on while you were away from the building:
- CMU 126 has been completely remodeled with new carpet, tables, projection screens, and paint – and the front of the room has switched to the other end. Throughout the year, we will be holding professional development workshops, colloquia, and other meetings in this room. To reserve CMU 126, or other rooms in the Communications Building, click here.
- We have updated two of our labs with brand new iMacs, which are great for creating videos. Individual students can use the computers, or you may find your class in there all together. Room 322 also got updated tables.
- Some new equipment came in, including mobile device adapters to use with microphones and tripods, and new T5i DSLR cameras, lenses, and a flash. To reserve cameras, audio recorders, light systems, and more, click here.
- A new staff member, Leezel Ramos, will be in the Communication Commons on Mondays and Wednesdays from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. She can provide career counseling, help you find an internship, answer questions about Career Kickstart events, and more.
- On that note, if you are confused about which Area of Study you would like to pursue within your Communication degree, check out the new videos from faculty members explaining what they teach in each area and how those classes can be useful for your career aspirations. Click on the Areas of Study here. More videos and career options are coming soon.
- On your way to the Communication Commons, check out new posters in the first floor hallway by CMU 126 and along the wall of CMU 120. Updates have been made to feature new alumni, student clubs, and Department stats.
Have a great year!